Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Mahogany Moment

Where am I running to? That is the question I keep asking myself. As I make my way through life, I realize I have no direction. All of my close friends have jobs in the field they went to school for. They are happy with those jobs & look forward to going to them everyday. I, on the other hand, has never finished college, hates my job, & play the "what do I want to be when I grow up" game frequently. I have 9 months worth of fashion merch schooling, a certification in wedding planning, & a ton if on the job experience on how to run 2 types of retail stores. My most reasonable option it seems is to be an entrepreneur. But I don't want to just jump into anything. I would like for it to be something I care about & want to succeed in. Maybe I should chase the wedding planner dream. It would be hard at first but I find that the most comfortable fit. While I would love to chase the photographer theme, that can only remain a very cherished hobby. (I refuse to sully it with my fickleness & failure.) So, I will attempt to chase the planner dream & see what becomes of it. I just want to feel as if I found my calling instead of slogging through jobs & things that I do just to get by. This Gemini is tired of riding the winds. Time to find some stable ground & build a steady nest.

1 comment: