Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

On the eve of my 24th birthday, I find myself re-examining myself. What have I accomplished? What have I failed at? What are my new goals? What do I have planned for my future? I sat and wrote each question down on a piece of paper and answered each question quickly and without thinking. After leaving the paper alone for 10 minutes, I came back and read them. The answers surprised me yet felt familiar. I realized that while time is slipping away, it isn't over yet. I keep telling myself that I'm too old or it's too late for me try something. THAT is where the failure is. I wrote myself off too quickly and completely. I am making a vow to stop holding myself back. If I want to do something, then I will. I will take that class, go on that trip, or try that new dish. No doubts, no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment